Friday, January 25, 2013

Remains

I am wired anxious.  It seems to be the way my brain is wired.  A natural predilection which does not make staring at what remains to be done, to be seen, to be heard ... well... it does not make it a comfortable place.      Yes I do believe that God is in charge of that big pile of remains in front of me.  Some of the pile is mine to consider more carefully.  Most has been allocated elsewhere.


It remains to be seen.
It remains to be heard.
It remains to be discerned.
So much  
Simply
Remains.
I gaze at the snow,
Consider what I must do,
Consider what I must leave
On someone else*s plate.
If it is not mine
God has surely decided
To allocate it
Elsewhere,
For whatever reasons
In that unfathomable pile of things
That are not mine
To decide
To do
To wrestle with.
I gaze at the snow.
I offer the remains.
I watch the ducks.
It seems I am doing
Nothing
Ok
Almost nothing
But consider
The remains.
They are not mine.
They remain to be seen
They remain to be heard
They are in the pile
The pile
Remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment