Thursday, January 3, 2013

Short adventures

I am sitting in guest room of my sister*s home, writing.  Soon I will take a nap.  This trip promises a series of short adventures.  Talking with the woman on the short flight from Dallas to Santa Fe was the first or perhaps second in the series.  Here*s to you, Charlotte.  May your second adventure, which only you can write about, prove to be wonderful.


It is cold.
There is more snow here
In Santa Fe
Than Chicago.
The woman I met
On the hop
From Dallas
Was of course
Unlike anyone
I have met before.
We are both it seems
On short adventures.
When I think about it
There was so much
We didn*t say.
So much remains.
The leg from Dallas
To Santa Fe
Is short.
It is fitting
For a short adventure
Before the other adventures
(Sure to come)
Find their way
To the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment