Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ducks at night

It is Lent and I am reminded there is more than one way to exhibit faith.  I have the lady in red to inspire me, even at night when the ducks have all gone home, wherever home is.


The ducks have all
Gone home,
Wherever that is.
It is dusk.
The lady across the way
Just turned on the basement
Light.
It caught my eye
Through the bushes.
Sometimes I see her lights on
When I wake up
In the middle of the night.
I have never quite seen
When the ducks arrive,
Wherever it is
They arrive from.
I imagine my neighbor across the way
Flicking her lights on and off
In duck Morse Code.
I know she lives
For the ducks.
Maybe it is something even simpler:
Telepathy perhaps.
She is one with the ducks.
Those ducks are there
Every morning when I wake up,
Better than clockwork even.

No comments:

Post a Comment