Friday, February 1, 2013

Misogyny

It does not matter who this pertains to.  I do not have to wear a fake mustache and glasses.  Today I was given the gift of the knowledge that it*s not me.  I would have to change my gender, bind my chest, wear a codpiece (heaven forbid) to be seen in a different way.  No, thank you. Today I give thanks for knowledge particular and non-specific.  I hadn*t realized I was so worried about this.  In an odd way, finding out it is misogyny, pure and simple, is a relief.  Still wrong, of course, but a relief nonetheless.


Today I am alive
On the edges.
The news that a colleague
Pretty much hates
All women
Comes as
Amazing relief.
It is not just me.
It is not that specific kind
Of dislike
But hatred that
Even well-disguised
With a jolly manner
A smile plastered
Fake nose and glasses
Is still hatred of women
In general.
There is nothing I can do
About that.
There is nothing
I care to do
About that.
I am alive
On the edges.
I do not live in the orbit
My colleague
Circles in.
Fake nose and glasses.
There is enough to do
In other places
Outside the orbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment