Thursday, March 21, 2013

Best parent award


I remember that it*s all about teamwork.  I also remember that everything is not a competition.  I seem to need regular reminders.  I am prone to forget.

Will I be the parent
Who wins
The best parent contest?
The thought crosses my mind
As I drive my daughter to school
Her luggage in the back.
She leaves for France
After school           
On a bus
To the airport.
Parents may follow the bus
To the airport
If they so choose.
Oh yes a friend needs to be picked up
On the way to school.
Standing in the driveway
The friend*s father promises
To drop an umbrella off
At 1:30
Before said friend
Leaves
On the bus.
Did she bring an umbrella?
My beloved asks.
She will need an umbrella.
As I write this a text arrives
For allergy medication.
My beloved unearths
An umbrella
To accompany the antihistamine.
As a team
We may win
The best parent award.

No comments:

Post a Comment