Tuesday, March 26, 2013

In or out or in-between


I attended a clergy quiet day today.  Somehow it fit me.  I am not in the group, nor am I out of it.  Of course, as always, some might disagree.  It is Holy Week and I am not preaching, exactly, except here.  My congregation is in the world, at DCC or in my office.  I am hopeful of the job possibility which I will find out about soon.  It seems as though I am kin to the duck lady across the way.  We spread corn or words or possibilities with the sunrise.  Both of us stand on the edges.

While I am no longer
Part of the in-crowd,
I am not exactly out
Either.
I continue to stand on the edges
Yet still
Connect to the whole.
My feet are firmly planted
Somewhere recognizable.
When I speak
My voice is heard as one
From a neighboring land.
I am the duck lady
Of the Diocese.
Daily
I spread corn
From my backyard
Across the way.
Some people know my name.
Most don*t anymore.
Still I stand
On the edges.
I throw out corn
Every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment