Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mass


I never know who I will end up with... people or ducks.  Yesterday I attended a gathering divided into English speakers and Spanish speakers.  I did not want or need to hear what was being said in the English session.  I found the back way to the Spanish session, but alas, my high school Spanish wasn*t good enough for me to comprehend more than a few words.  Still there was comfort sitting in that place, even not speaking the language.  I am amazed at the mass of humanity.  I am amazed at the mallard ducks across the way.  Somehow we are all connected, whether we understand each other*s language or not.  There is comfort there.


I awake amazed
At the mass of humanity
And ducks.
In pews
On the lawn
Across the way.
I never know
Who will show up
In unfamiliar
Even in familiar
Places.
I never know who will mass
With me
In streets
In pews
At the dining table
Even on the lawn
Across the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment