Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Personality Disorder, NOS


I am a mental health professional and a priest and a mother and a wife and.... well, a lot of things.  All of us are.  A lot of things.  I am a Person with a capital P.  So are you... and you... and you.  So is every person I sit with in my office, every person I sit next to on the train, every person I pass in the street, simply:  Every Person, Everywhere.  I am a Child of God, as is everyone I encounter, everyone I work with.  I question the helpfulness of Axis 2, most of the time.  Truth be told, we all could be charted on Axis 2, somewhere.  Not Otherwise Specified.


Most of the time
I question Axis 2.
Before learning the DSM structure
In grad school
I had different categories
For people
(Sure I had categories)
But mostly
They were still People
With a capital P.
Walking
Breathing
Children of God.
They still are.
This is a rant.
I know.
Not very poetic
Or even
Reflective.
Most of the time I question
Axis 2.
Truth be told
We all have a number
On Axis 2.
We are all in the book.
These are behavior quirks
Which make us
Not like other people.
Still
We are People
With a capital P,
Walking
Breathing
Children of God.
N  ot
O  therwise
S  pecified.
Thank God.
Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment