Friday, June 21, 2013

Longest day

I have a weather-brain.  In the most recent issue of Neurology Today there was an article about weather-triggered migraines.  It seems scientific research has shown some migraines in some people are triggered by particular weather.  Doy.  My personal finding is that I need to take better care during barometric shifts.  I do not get migraines.  I only get seizure activity.  Only.  My only three generalized seizures were on the winter solstice, autumnal equinox, and summer solstice.  Today is the one year anniversary of my last seizure.  I plan to enjoy every minute of daylight that I can.

The longest day
Of the year: 
I am determined to enjoy
Every minute of daylight.
Today marks the anniversary
Of seizure number three.
Now I know how to determine
What SPF I need to wear
On which day
And when to simply
Stay indoors.
Today I am determined to notice
Every minute
Of daylight,
Not lay waste
To a single second.
I plan the day
Accordingly.
Though
Even now
I realize best laid plans
May change
With the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment