Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Five at a time

The reality of counseling is that sometimes people don*t show up.  Even five people at once.  Maybe especially five people at once.  Sometimes people call and let me know (I found out twenty minutes before the appointment this time).  Still... next time five people want to see me at once... I am ready!

Yesterday I figured out
How to fit five clients in my office
At once.
I was proud of my accomplishment.
They did not show.
I am still proud.
I may never hear from them
Again.
Still
I am proud.
The outcome was not
What I expected.
Still                      
I am proud of myself
For considering the possibility,
The possible reality
Of sitting with five clients
In my small office
Comfortably.
The next time five people
Wish to meet with me
At once.
I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment