Monday, October 28, 2013

The intentions were good

The house was filled with family last night, two home safe and sound, and two to spend the night before their next excursion.  We went out for dinner.  Now it is me and the cat and the turtle figuring out what*s next. Perhaps I will heat up some soup for lunch.  The house still smells delightful.  Like heaven.  

The intentions were good.
The soup was made
And hot
The house smelled like my kind
Of heaven.
Conversation brought all of us
Up to speed,
With requisite laughter.
This morning I found
The guest air mattress leaked
All of its air
In the night.
I think now
In retrospect
My kind of heaven
Is not the same for someone
Who does not enjoy
Any sort of bean soup.
Alas.
The intentions were good.
We have a month*s worth
Of lentil mushroom barley soup
In the freezer,
With some saved out
For tonight*s supper.
The house still smells
Like heaven
To me.

No comments:

Post a Comment