Friday, March 14, 2014

Hypomania

This begs the question:  What is hypomania for a born and bred Minnesotan?  Tomorrow will be round three in adventures in an anti-depressant.  Round two has me feeling pretty good.  I suspect round three will have me feeling even better.

There is no blood test
For this medication,
No blood pressure cuff
To indicate
The exact proper dose.
He says the indication
Of too much anti-depressant
Is possibly
Hypomania.
You are a long way from there
He says
A long way.
A little hypomania
Sounds like a good thing
To both of us.
I am from Minnesota:
The land of pretty good
And
Good enough.
There is no blood test
For this medication,
No brain cuff to determine
My mood
And thus
An exact proper dose.
I consider hypomania
Then cutting back
Just a smidge.

No comments:

Post a Comment