Monday, March 24, 2014

Life themes

I have a long list of things to wait for.  I also have a long list of things to celebrate now.  We fly out this weekend to look at one of the possible school choices.  The week is a quieter week for me, work-wise.  I plan to enjoy it.  The weather seems to have settled.  This helps my brain function better.  I am grateful.

When I look at
Life themes
Waiting is one the major ones.
Even as I say
Now
Now is just as important
Now is more important even
Still
I am convinced
Only a little.
Even now I wait,
Expectant to drive
Next Monday.
Even now I wait
For all the colleges in the world
To clamor
For my daughter’s presence.
Even now I wait
For a more full spring
For a fuller greening
Than this one hinted
Before my eyes
Even now.

No comments:

Post a Comment