Monday, June 16, 2014

Today I do not have to be brought anywhere

Today the calendar shows no appointments.  One car is with my daughter at camp.  The other car is with my beloved at work.  Today is a day of planting purple in the front and yellow in the back, whichever spot is shady.  It is HOT today, so time in the sun is not in the cards.  Today is a day to be thankful for air conditioning and time with the cat.

Today
I do not have to be brought
Anywhere.
I have enough flowers
And laundry
To keep me occupied here.
The altar flowers
Have finally succumbed
On the front table.
Today I breathe
In place.
I roamed Target yesterday
With my beloved,
Dreamed school dreams
All night,
Awakened to the knowledge
I am done with tests
And final exams.
Today this
Is what I get. 
I do not have to be brought
Anywhere.
This means I am able
To be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment