Thursday, September 25, 2014

Moods

Before winter sets in, I am charting what "mostly fine" looks like.  I tend to remember the good days and delete the bad ones.  I am relatively new to figuring out depression for myself.  I think birds will figure in somewhere.  They always do.

While everything
Is mostly fine,
I put my moods
On paper.
I think a collage
Might be more appropriate,
Bits and scraps of colored paper
A flower here and there
A stone or two
Certainly some birds.
I have never
Been easily categorized.
Still
Last night hope
Settled down around my shoulders
Rather like the soft blue prayer shawl
A friend made for me.
Dickinson said “hope
is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul”
I knew birds
Would figure in here
Somewhere.

*Emily Dickinson's poem may be found here:  http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/171619

No comments:

Post a Comment