Thursday, October 30, 2014

Roller Derby

I almost didn't post this.  But hey, here it is.  I think we are, all of us, several people.  The idea is to get everyone together, on one team.

I am peopled by bitches
With short Roller Derby names:
Gert
Flo
Pru
Ang
They demand to be called
By their shortened names
So they will be named out loud
More often,
Held and cherished
And part of me.
Gert is my Depression:
The black dog with her red spiked collar.
Flo:
She Who Must be Indulged
She will take some time
To love
But love her I will.
Pru:
The Small One Who Must be Heard
She has been waiting for years
With bows in her hair.
Ang is my Anxiety:
The pit bull:
She goes for the jugular
With even imagined threat
So I may lay even lower.

I am peopled by bitches
With Roller Derby names.
They are part of my team.
There is no “I”
In team.
There is only we,
All of us together
A pack of bitches.
We demand
To be recognized.

No comments:

Post a Comment