Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Scratch

There are so many things that tempt my creative nature.  I have started things, even churches, and watched them grow and die, only to become ground for something else.  Sometimes I can't see that "something else"  but still I know it's there.  Churches, and even life, are not meant to be grasped and held.  My daughter attended a great new church in Denver.  What a wonderful thing it would be to plant a church... she thinks.  Me too.  Still... me too.  I am reminded again... me too.

I have reached the stage
In my life
I realize
I will never start a church
From scratch.
Scratch never made
A good beginning anyway.
Nothing
After all
Begins from scratch,
Much less
Much more
Gatherings of people
Who care about one another;
People
Who figure out new ways;
People
Who adopt old ways
To care.
No one
Will ever start a church
From scratch,
Not even me.

No comments:

Post a Comment