Saturday, January 3, 2015

Home in the blue chair

After more than twenty years of the same post-Christmas trip to Florida, it was easier this year.  I got credit for loading the dishwasher when I didn't even load it.  I sat out on particular conversations so I could be truly present in others.  Hmm.  Maybe I'm actually getting the hang of this.

Home in the blue chair
I wonder why Florida
Felt easier
This year.
I got credit
For things
I didn’t even do.
Somehow it was fine
To add this credit
To the family
Bank account.
I sat out the end of meal
Conversations,
Listened to them all
From a distance
And smiled
Under the fan in the bedroom.

Home in the blue chair
I wonder.
I am also content
To add the credit
To the universal human
Bank account
Sit in where I can
Sit out when I must.

No comments:

Post a Comment