Saturday, May 30, 2015

Different ways

I have written about green before. I just listened to On Being, an interview with Jean Vanier. A friend from school, a missionary who served in Guatemala, is now considering Tanzania as her next mission field. My daughter has the whole world at her feet, in her hands. They all feel green with growth. I admit to feeling green... in other ways.

I find myself envious:
Green with the experiences
Green with the opportunities
My friends face:
Mission fields beyond my capacities
Except for the experience
Of prayer,
The opportunity
To stand on the sidelines,
Cheer the possibilities,
Witness the realities
Of wider life
Beyond my own.
After all,
Isn’t this
What it’s all about?

There are different ways
To be green.
I tell myself
I proclaim
There are different ways
To be green

No comments:

Post a Comment