Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Wristband

I couldn't figure out what to name this one, so I settled on Wristband. It might just as easily been Designated Driver or Special. Saturday was the Craft Beer Festival at Morton Arboretum, part of the birthday gift for my beloved. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow was, is and will be continuing education. I do not know what color the wristband will be today or tomorrow. I do know the CADC crowd is special, just as everyone is.

I wore a red wristband
On Saturday.
It allowed me to drink
Designer soda,
Be the Designated Driver
On the way home.
I felt special.
Yesterday I wore a red wristband
Like everyone else.
It meant we all were eligible
For lunch.
Today I expect
The same
All of us with our wristbands
Will eat lunch again.
All of us
Special.

No comments:

Post a Comment