Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Chinks

I am not happy with this. Or maybe happy is not the right word. I have resisted writing about this. I did not title it walls or wailing because it seems I might use those titles for another reflection. Still, it seemed I should write something. So this is it for today. My something.

Walls:
The wall demolished
Which made Germany
One.
The Wailing Wall
Oh yes
The Wailing Wail
It allows
Well…wailing.
If we build another wall
Either from one side
Or the other
No matter who
Pays for it.
If good fences
Make good neighbors
As the poet maintained
The neighbor piece
The good piece
Still means we have to see
Our neighbor,
As the Germans did
With family
On both sides.
We wail
We are so familiar
With walls.
We build them
All the time.
We put prayers
In the chinks.
There are always
Chinks.
There are always
Prayers.
And always
May we wail.

No comments:

Post a Comment