Monday, April 2, 2018

I thirst

The meditation I did not give. Still, I thirst. It is Easter and I am grateful.

"I thirst" said Jesus, as he hung on the cross. One of many things he said. One very human thing he said as he hung on the cross.
We all know thirst.

We remember his conversation with the woman at the well when he told her everything she had ever done, and offered her Living Water.
We remember those same words to each one of us:

When I was hungry, you gave me something to eat.
When I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink.

Water plays a huge role in our life of Faith. Baptism, of course. Living Water, of course.

I thirst said Jesus , as he hung on the cross.
When I was thirsty you gave me something to drink.

Years ago, when I graduated from college, I took a volunteer job, which required a group of us to apply for food stamps. We filled out the forms, then looked around the room and the large group of people who were clearly confused by the forms...rather like the .confusion which comes with filling out tax forms. As a group we stayed for the rest of the day and helped people fill out food stamp forms. 

When I was hungry, you gave me something to eat
When I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink.

When I was confused, you helped me fill out food stamp forms.

Oh there so many ways to hear Jesus, not just His Seven Words from the Cross.

I thirst. I was hungry and you fed me.

I was naked, and you clothed me.
I was sick and in prison and you cared for me.

So many ways to hear Jesus on the Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment