Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Grackle lessons

I had thought that yoga would be a good idea.  Having never done yoga before, I thought a class entitled Yoga for Beginners would be right up my alley.  It seems my brain did not agree with me.  So I am home learning lessons from the grackles, paying attention to the things I already know how to do, perhaps learning to do them better.

I am home
Making different plans.
The grackles gather
First in the back yard,
Then in the front,
Now in the trees.
They plan their trip south.
I am home
Making plans of my own,
Plans to continue doing
What I am doing,
Things that have worked
Up until now.
Change is not always
A good thing.
The grackles,
After all,
Are planning their usual trip
South for the winter
To return again in the spring
As usual.
I am home
Making usual plans
Like the grackles.
I am home
Learning grackle lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment