Friday, February 20, 2015

Deadly sins

Ever notice how some people get more credit than others? Deserved or undeserved? Me too.

Home today
Working through some
Of the seven deadly sins.
I would rather focus
On other things.
I am stuck in the middle
Of envy, avarice and wrath.
They are embodied
By older women who have accrued
More credit than I perceive they should,
Some well-deserved
In my oh-so-discerning eye,
Some not so deserved
In my bedeviled heart.
They are writers.
Everything they write drips gold
Even when it doesn’t.
Everything they write is quoted,
And quoted,
And quoted again.
If I read one more quotation
I may rant somewhere inappropriate.
I am home trying to figure
Which sin applies.
Envy?
Avarice?
Wrath seems too big.
Pride covers all.
Gluttony, lust and sloth
Will need to wait
For another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment