Monday, June 29, 2015

Unlikely dreams

When wonderful things happen that surprise me completely... I am glad not to be in charge. When terrible things happen that horrify me... I am also glad not to be in charge. But still... sometimes in the morning dreams, it seems God puts together so many disparate dreams that I am ready for what comes next. I cheer in the stands. I march in the streets. I protest what I must. I pray... through it all.

It seems lately
I wake up from a series
Of unlikely dreams.
They flow
One into another,
Not unlike this wakeful time
When unlikely dreams
Prove true.
I know they are true
Because there is protest
In the ranks,
And cheering
In the stands.
I could only hope
I could only dream
This succession of unlikely dreams,
But never
But never
Could have predicted
This.

No comments:

Post a Comment