Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Forgiveness

I received a gift last week. It was a gift which I received along with my own baggage of how another important person had not given me the same gift, in exactly the same way. I woke up this morning realizing I 1) had not received the first gift fully, and 2) No one gives things in exactly the same way as another. Another lesson in forgiveness.

I wake up and realize
I have now forgiven you
For something
You never said
You never even
Implied.
It was the small child in me
Who was rarely noticed,
Rarely praised,
Who interpreted things
In a twisted way.
Sure
You might have said things better
But now I hear the tone,
A clear tone
Almost
A silver bell.
I look at the mountains,
Out the window,
My shoulders relax,
The bell sounds,
And it is simply
Gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment