Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mist on the windshield

I like the days I am not worried about what is next.  It allows me to focus on what is here, right now.  And maybe do things I rarely do, like rearrange the Fiestaware in the cabinet, so different colors are on top.

There was mist on the windshield
After the workout.
It signaled warm
Or warmer.
Maybe more of the snow
Will melt today.
Today I am not worried
About what is next.
I notice the few moments this morning
When my ears unplug.
The breakfast dishes give an opportunity
To admire the clear colors
Of Fiestaware newly clean,
Orange and green and gray.
I rearrange the dishes
So we will eat off different colors
Tonight.
I will scrub down the shower later,
Maybe notice other small things
As it all comes clean.
I am not worried about
What is next.
There was mist on the windshield
This morning.
We will eat off different colors
Tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment