Monday, February 6, 2012

When I let it out to breathe ordinary air

I have begun reading Awaken Your Senses: Exercises for Exploring the Wonder of God by J. Brent Bill and Beth A. Booram.  They are offering a contest and a challenge for the next five weeks.  This week involves paying attention to how the sense of taste enables a deeper understanding of God.  Join them and me this week. http://holyordinary.blogspot.com/2012/02/taste-sense-of-week.html   I understand there are prizes.  Prizes are good (and fun).  This also seems a good pre-Lenten activity.

Many of us  
OK, I*ll admit it,
I
All too often
Engage in the practice
Of disconnection
From the world
From God
From self.
I am good at it.
When many of us
OK
I
Have everything beautifully ordered
In my head
It usually enters chaos
When I let it out to breathe
Ordinary air.
It goes from tightly ordered
Beautiful
Recognizable
To anything but ordinary.

Connection swirls it around to be something
I barely recognize
When I let it out to breathe
Ordinary air
There is no telling
What might happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment