Friday, February 17, 2012

Miracle in blue

It doesn*t matter if anyone else names this a miracle.  It is small... yes.  Even tiny.  I name it a miracle.  God has gladdened my heart.  I am grateful.

Yesterday I saw the duck lady
Out back.
She wore denim
Blue yes blue
As she spread corn.
The ducks waited
Not so patiently
But the lady
She wore blue yesterday.
I had not seen her this winter.
Maybe she only wears red
Against the snow,
Like the cardinal against the pure white snow
Black branches
Posed for a picture of Christmas.
But the lady…
Back to the lady:
She wore blue.
I named the possibility
Of blue
Last week.
It is a small thing
A tiny thing
I know many wear denim jackets.
Perhaps I have seen her before
Without note
Wearing blue.
Perhaps.
Still
Yesterday the lady in red
Wore blue.
I saw her.
Yesterday she was a miracle
In blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment