Saturday, February 25, 2012

Even though

I am able this morning to pay attention to the small things.  I am able to name the wellness, come to terms with the way things are, see where God is alive among them.  All is well with my soul.

Even though it is Lent,
All is well with my soul.
The sun shines,
Glistens off the snow.
Rabbits live
Under the bushes
In front.
Even though it is Saturday,
The lady in red
Does not take a vacation.
She also spreads corn
For the ducks
On weekends.
The family sleeps;
They breathe warm in their beds.
Even though it is still
February,
I am warm with coffee
In my favorite earthen mug.
My thumbs find the place
The handle broke off,
Rough where all
Used to be smooth.
Even though the handle
Is no longer present,
I remember it
In its absence.
It is Lent and Saturday,
February;
Sunny and snowy and warm.
The family sleeps safe upstairs.
Rabbits and ducks live near.
My thumbs find the rough place
On my favorite cup.
All is well
With my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment