Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Waiting list

I added myself to the waiting list for a pilgrimage to Iona yesterday.  I have long wanted to go to Iona on pilgrimage.  In the midst of everything else, of all the uncertain things, it seems counter-intuitive somehow to be adding more things to my personal waiting list.  Shouldn*t I be doing something more productive?  Still, there is a lot worth waiting for.  I have also discovered such things will not be forced into being at particular times..  Oh yeah, that*s right.  I forgot again.

Some things are worth
Waiting for,
But really
How ironic
With the number of things that remain
On The List:
To add one more
By intention,
Give the credit card number
Just in case
Someone*s plans change,
Allow myself to hope and pray
This dream will come true
Without ill wishes to anyone else:
Only good things:
A family wedding,
A baby to be born,
Only good things,
A lovely turn of fate
For all involved
Including me.
I wait
Really I wait
For things to happen
As they are meant
To happen.
Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment