Friday, March 22, 2013

Covered in prayer


This happens sometimes.  I have a job interview today, one that seems to fit a piece of what I feel called to offer the world.  Facebook is for me a way to keep tabs on the ones I care about, so I can pray for them.  It is also a way I can ask for prayer.  This happens sometimes.  I awaken with a sense that God has it completely covered.

I awaken
Covered in prayer,
Flannel, quilted prayer.
The warm guy next to me,
The cup of coffee now held
Warm in my hands.
The birds
Have begun
To build nests of prayer
In my backyard.
The ducks waddle prayer
Across the way.
They make significant steps
Toward the corn spread
For them to eat.
For her part
The woman,
Today in blue,
Spreads prayer
Like so much corn
In her wake.
I watch,
Surrounded on all sides
By prayer,
An abundance
A simple abundance,
Like corn,
Spread for the ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment