Friday, March 15, 2013

Purposeful


Watching the ducks every morning has a way of anchoring me.  They remind me of things I need to pay attention to.  I am grateful when the trainer gives me a choice: squats or lunges?  Are you up to lunges today?  She asks.  Sometimes I am.  I have learned to assess myself.  Perhaps I should say I am still learning to assess myself.  There is always the temptation to say: Of course I am up to lunges.  Of course I am.  Sometimes, truth be told, I*m not.  I can always choose, however, to be purposeful.


The ducks waddle single-file
Up the hill,
Heads held high
Orange feet firmly planted
Every step of the way.
I will move like this today.
I don*t quite waddle
But I am getting older.
When I do lunges at the gym
Grace is not my descriptor.
I aim for
Purposeful.
I am grateful
When the day does not call
For lunges.
When it does
However,
I aim for
Purposeful.


No comments:

Post a Comment