Friday, March 1, 2013

The way of the panda


I*m glad I listen to NPR.  News from the BBC often reminds me of Monty Python.  Pandas all over the world are being observed this month.

Panda research finds the panda
Only interested in reproduction
Once a year.
Now is the time.
This timely report on panda reproduction
is delivered
In the Queen*s English.
It sounds rather like
A Monty Python sketch.
Underneath it all
I hear
Time to bury the cat.
The report offers the fact
Male pandas do handstands
In mating season
To wee on trees
As high up on the tree
As possible.
This fact and others
Are offered
In the finest British accent.
I am glad I am not a panda female
Rating acrobatic males,
Ranking who has nailed the tree
The highest.
Time to bury the cat
I hear
Time to bury the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment