Sunday, March 24, 2013

Cue the nap


I remember Holy Weeks past... most always being the solo priest in charge of liturgies.  This is not my role now.  My beloved reminds me of the time we were dating and I fell sound asleep at Easter brunch in a restaurant.  I still have Sunday afternoon nap triggers, even when I sit in the pew and have nothing to do with liturgy except show up and worship.  Today we didn*t even gather outside to process with the donkey.  I did pet the donkey on the way back from brunch.  I*m not sure that counts.

Palm Sunday inspired
The traditional Sunday afternoon
Nap.
Donkey?
Check.
Good liturgy including
A sermon with a map
Of Jerusalem?
Check.
Impromptu lunch
With friends?
Check.            
Home to a hot cup of tea?
Check.
Silent house?
Check.
Cat?
Check.
Favorite blue recliner clear
And ready for occupation?
Check.
Wind outside the windows
Signaling the weather change?
Check.

Cue the nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment