Thursday, December 11, 2014

Vertigo

This feels like one more manifestation of seeing the world at a slant.  It does not help that my daughter and I saw Birdman at the Glen Art Theater last night, in Theater #1 which is down a long uneven-floored hallway.  The movie got wonderful reviews, but it played with both our heads and minds, albeit in different ways.  I awakened this morning with vertigo.  I find this more funny than frightening.  

The day started later
Yet
The world still spins
When I turn my head.
I figure this is a new way
To know things.
Today I find it funny
As long as I sit still,
Face forward,
I can see the humor
Lurking
In the corners.
I listen to the organ upstairs
Playing Advent hymns.
I smile.
I hear the children
Playing down the hall.
I smile.
I see the bent tree
Outside the office window.
I smile.
I will see two clients today. 
I will face forward
So the world
Plays the straight person
And I can see things
Out the corners
Of my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment