Monday, December 15, 2014

If I hadn't asked

I move more slowly these days.  Sometimes this is a bother. Sometimes I think I have it figured out, except I know, really, I have it figured out... for now. Like what my son might like for Christmas. I have a wonderful idea, so I run it by him. I never would have known if I hadn't asked.

I finally figure
The pace I need to go
In order to do
The important things.
I think I finally figure
The important things
Except I know
These will change
Tomorrow.
There is no finality
In this sphere,
Only what I may do
Today
One thing at a time.
I think to ask my son
What I believe he may want
For Christmas.
While that would be nice
He says
I’d rather have
A particular
Something else.
I never would have known
If I hadn’t asked.
Something else it is.
I never would have known
That particular
Something else
If I hadn’t asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment