Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Edges and sky

Years ago, I remember my beginning therapy sessions, and the therapist likening therapy to dumping the puzzle box, and looking at the pieces.  We have moved on to other metaphors since, but I find myself coming back to the jigsaw puzzle, figuring out which pieces fit, and which belong in someone else's jigsaw puzzle box.  I am trying to keep the edges and the sky, the important parts.  The rest, as always, fills in as it does.

Too many pieces
Of the puzzle.
I sit in the blue chair
Figure which pieces
Can be left
Out of the puzzle
Until January,
Which ones
Will not fit
At all.
I do not want to lose
The edge pieces.
I would like to include
The sky,
The upness and outness
Of things.
There will be other opportunities
To come.
Some opportunities
Will never come again.
I try to keep
The edges and sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment