Thursday, October 6, 2011

The change

Everything is done for the next doctor visit.  Yeah!  I believe it is important to mark accomplishment in small increments.  It allows me to notice things like fall advancing, and having conversations with Jeff like which parts of fall we appreciate the most.  I am almost done with internship, and though it will now take longer, I see possibilities for the finish, no matter what the next doctor says.

The trees did their thing overnight,
Made the flip to fall.
My husband likes the green
With hints
Of orange and yellow,
The burning bush in front
Just beginning to turn.
Me?
I am an autumn girl.
Give me full throttle color:
Deep blue sky
Made more blue
Framed In yellow and orange and red,
The window open at night
Cool and crisp like the way
My husband bites the Honeycrisp apple
With relish,
Juice drips on his chin.

I call for autumn.
I like the season fully turned.
I wait for it to show its best
most colorful side,
Its coolness,
The harvest fully gathered
Before winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment