Saturday, June 23, 2012

Normal

OK.  This morning I read Dr. Kelly Flanagan*s blog on Life is a Mistake http://drkellyflanagan.com/2012/06/22/life-is-a-mistake-and-so-is-this-title/#comments
Now that I know how this seizure thing goes (third time around), I realize I don*t have to put my life on hold (or even semi-hold) for the time I am not driving.  This time I knew standing next to the vegetables in the grocery store that I needed to call home for a ride.  An hour later the seizure came.  This is progress, though maybe not the ultimate progress I would like.  Still, life continues right along as normal.  Just as I sit with clients and friends sit with me, life helps us consider our old normal and new normal.  Sometimes we even need to ask for a ride.

Sometimes I think
Life needs to go on hold.
Really it continues right along
As normal.
It is only my normal
That is different.
Life continues right along
As it always does:
In season,
Out of season.
Me?
I am back into
No-driving season.
It means
Once again,
I will have to depend
On others
In a different stage
Of normal.
Life continues right along.
It always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment