Friday, June 13, 2014

Clean

I am home today, smelling the scent of clean.  Last fall we began hiring a person to come in every two weeks to clean.  She came two weeks ago, the day after my double seizure.  When my daughter picked me up from the hospital, she brought me home to clean.  Today I was home to witness the process, and experience the house being worked into cleanliness.  

The last time
I smelled the house
Like this
I walked through the front door
From the hospital.
This is my two week anniversary
Home again.
Lately
We have seen
Way too many doctors and nurses.
Still
I know so many others
Who see
So many more.
Still
The last time
I smelled the house
Like this
I arrived to it
Clean and shining
And now
Two weeks later
It has the scent of clean
Again
And I
I did not have to
Arrive from anywhere
To smell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment