Thursday, February 21, 2013

Locked doors

I am in my office listening to the compressor on the drinking fountain.  Everyone has gone home for the day, except me.  It*s the later afternoon window before the evening activities begin... choir practice, Zumba, ESL, and AA.  I have a client tonight.  Actually, I enjoy the quiet.  It allows me to consider what I might do outside these walls.  This has been a week in which nothing has gone as planned.  Still... things have happened... some rather dramatic... if I can only sit still long enough to wrap my mind around them...


Different days I sit
In different places.
I consider service
Outside the church walls
Even as I sit within,
Sit in the office,
Half underground
Half above.
My consciousness slides up and down
With the barometer.
Snow is surely on its way.
I am the only one
In this big church building.
The doors are locked.
Nothing I planned this week
Has emerged the way
I thought it would.
All the doors are locked
For safety*s sake.
I know Jesus passes through
Locked doors
And out again.
I consider service
Outside the church walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment