Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Holy Week 2015

This is scrambling time for clergy of high liturgical bent everywhere. I am released from these particular details, being a counselor these days. I well remember the Easter Sunday we went out to brunch and I literally fell asleep in my plate. There is no BCP liturgy for the Easter Egg Hunt. And by this time, I figure, even if there was such a thing, the details would be lost well before Easter Brunch.

There is no week
More full of special liturgies
With all their component parts.
This is what all that training
Was for.
This is what all the planning
Is for.
This is Holy Week.
Everyone
Every congregation
Has his
Has her
Has its
Own way of doing things.
And
It will all end up
On Easter Sunday
With the liturgy
Of the Easter Egg hunt,
Three to five eggs
Per child.
By this time
In this week
With all its component parts,
Who’s counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment