Monday, March 2, 2015

Surprise

There is a post running around Facebook re: If you could sit on this park bench with anyone in the world, past or present, who would it be? I am never good at these exercises. The answer is always: It depends. Who is your hero? It depends. I can never choose. I read everyone else's answers. Hmm. This morning I sit in my blue chair, sun streaming through the window. I sit with the world at hand and I am surprised at the company I am given.

Surprise
I am awake earlier 
Than usual.

Surprise
My vision is clearer
Than it often is.

Surprise
I have a full
Unplanned day
Ahead of me
(Perhaps I will do laundry)

Surprise
The sun angles through the window
Just so,
Signals possible eventual spring.

Surprise
So many things yet to see
So many people
Yet to meet

Surprise
Surprise
Surprise
Who knew such a day
Might exist?

No comments:

Post a Comment