Sunday, March 8, 2015

Jesus and the moneychangers

I never know what will happen at church. This is mostly because I do not have my finger on the plans. I arrive expecting one thing, and encounter another. I am not in charge any longer. I most probably never was in charge. Surprise! No moneychangers! Surprise! A conga line of teens.

Because we are reading
The entire New Testament
For Lent,
Today we forwent
Jesus and the moneychangers
In the temple
In favor of
Hebrews,
James,
And all of Mark.
I went to church prepared to hear
About tables being overturned,
Doves being released,
The Temple being rebuilt
In three days.
Instead
Instead
We had Hebrews
James
And Mark.
Then a conga line of teens
Singing
We are marching in the Light of God.
Some other year
We will hear about
Jesus and the moneychangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment