Friday, March 13, 2015

New chapter, same book

Recently I have rediscovered many friends and connections from the past. I wonder how they got from there to here. With many I have missed a lot of chapters. With some, it seems, they have erased a number of chapters, maybe even think they have started a new book. Still... it's all connected and it all counts. New chapter, same book.

My friends and connections
Have mostly moved
Into new chapters
With subtitles
I never would have thought of,
So many chapters
Written it seems
In new vernacular.
I know
The connecting points
From old to new
Have been there all along.
In this spring of our lives
We unearth new things
Which are not new
At all;
New chapters, perhaps,
But the very same book
We have each been writing
From the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment