Monday, April 6, 2015

Now. Here. This.

I love to listen to Krista Tippett's On Being. Saturday's show was a repeat of an interview with Greg Boyle, a Jesuit who works with gangs in Los Angeles. He speaks of preparing for each encounter with this breath prayer: Now. Here. This. to remind him to remain present for this one moment in time, this one encounter. I like it. Now. Here. This. It allows me to hand out business cards, plant a seed, and maybe, just maybe, work with that person... eventually.

I have,
Slowly,
Learned to carry business cards
In every pocket,
Leave them outside
My office door.
I hear you’re good
She says.
I wonder who told her,
But that is not
For casual conversation.
I am,
Slowly,
Learning
People may take my card,
Gratefully even,
Fold it over in their wallet
And perhaps
Only perhaps
Call me in a year or two
When they’re ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment