Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dish garden

March 14 and it feels like summer.  It is so early for so warm: I*m not quite sure how to take it.  While I hold thoughts that it is too good to be true, I look at my window well, watch a barefoot child, and dream of dish gardens blooming outside my window.

It is oddly spring.
Already it feels summer.
People lay bets on how it will all
Play out.
Is this really it?
It is not too late for a final snow.
The insects have barely begun.
I wonder about who or what pollinates
The crocus,
Whether the space
In my window well
Will hold a dish garden
Or perhaps an amaryllis.
A small blonde girl
Walks barefoot through the grass.
She giggles.
Already it feels
Like summer.
I think a dish garden
Will do the trick.
Perhaps next week
A dish garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment