Tuesday, March 6, 2012

No need for weather reports

Yes, I am driving again.  I have also discovered that several of the things I linked to seizures were in actuality migrainous activity.  I have even learned a new adjective: migrainous.  Of course spell-check does not recognize the word.  I do not get the headache part, just the bells and whistles of blurry vision and dizziness and the occasional slurred word.  It does pass.  And it does seem connected to the weather.  I ask you: Who needs weather forecasters?

I have joined the group
Connected in body
With the weather.
I used to dismiss the ones
Who knew it was going to rain.
They felt the weather change in their knees,
Their hips.
Now my vision and stability rise and fall
With the barometer
The humidity
The sunny or cloudy day.
Now I find the many who wait
For migraines
On days like this.
Now I find we only need Grandma*s knees
To predict rain.
Now my vision and stability rise and fall
With the barometer
The humidity.
I realize we never needed weathermen
At all.

No comments:

Post a Comment