Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Nest

It feels like one of those Ecclesiastes times.  I do not find this in the list from Ecclesiastes chapter three, exactly, but it seems this is a time not to add things, but to weave everything that is already there together:  into a nest, an open air nest.  This is both appealing and scary.  Usually that*s the way of true things.  Appealing and scary.  That about sums it up.

I wake up and know
I do not need to add one more thing.
Now is the time to weave the pieces
Together.
The orange piece of yarn:
I found it hung on a bush;
The stray piece of twine
From the driveway;
The memory of my friend*s father
Swinging me around
How*s my girl?;
The phone call from the acquaintance
I barely know,
It asks something of me,
I would never come up with
Myself,
Something I never knew
Was needed.
Now is the time of collection.
Now is the time to weave the pieces
Together:
A nest open to the elements,
Sun and wind and rain,
Snow and sleet.
A nest tagged with the orange yarn
From the bush,
Everyone will know
It*s me.
Orange yarn, of course,
Not to mention the twine
From the driveway.
No need to be showy
All the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment